WLBC is open to anyone who has an appreciation for good beer and good conversation, but we'd be remiss if we didn't reward those who go out of their way to make us an enduring part of their socializing experience. To those who buy their favorite Flagship while wearing our Brew Swag, keep hounding us for more Beta Brews, and track the Beer-Year by the passing Seasonals, we've established the Tap Handle Club.
Membership in the Tap Handle Club will let you save a little bit every time you purchase from WLBC, as well as put you at the head of the list for those events we host that can't accommodate as many as we would like. More importantly, this is just one major way in which we can recognize those who choose to support our brewing. You're the reason we're working to open the doors and you're going to be the only reason we can keep them open.
The Coin of the Realm...
While many of our lager loving craft-brew colleagues are fans of mug-clubs, the WLBC Team has always been more attuned to life of the Traveling Alesman. We have a penchant for maximizing utility and minimizing baggage. Whether sipping hefeweizen in der Faterland, sharing a pint of the "Black Stuff" in Mother Ireland, or knocking back an American IPA while catching a baseball game, in the back of your mind you know one thing to be true - AFTER THE RISE OF THE ZOMBIES, PAPER CURRENCY WILL BE USELESS. THE PRIMARY CURRENCY WILL BE CIGARETTES AND BEER.* The secondary military challenge coin: less bulky than a mug, able to open your beer when you're not busy fighting zombies, and great for showing your commitment to the WLBC unit at all team events.
And don't worry, we keep membership written down in our membership logbook, so your discount will always be waiting for you even if you get caught without your coin (for which there may be social consequences, depending on your unit; see link above). In any case, it's a lot less painful way of showing your commitment to WLBC than some of the alternatives.
Tap Handle Benefits
- $1 off each glass of WLBC beer
- 10% off the purchase of your WLBC Brew Swag
- First priority in attending events with limited numbers
- WLBC Grand-Opening
- Keg-Tapping Events
- Beer-Tasting Events
- Tour Bus Trips to Breweries
- Tour Bus Trips to GABF
- Numbered Tap Handle Membership Coin, tracked in our Members' Log Book
- First right to retain your Member's Number each year
- Direct access to WLBC's Head Brewer for homebrew questions
Dues and Renewals
$50 for the Beer-Year
At WLBC we go by the Beer-Year, starting anew at the end of each Great American Beer Festival (GABF). Membership runs from the day after the last GABF until the end of the next GABF.
For our founding members who buy memberships this year, membership runs from the date of purchase until the end of the 2012/13 Beer-Year (~Mid-October 2013), or one year from the day of our opening, whichever is longer.
NOT SO-FINE PRINT
* For those who might argue that the odds of a global zombie-human war are one in a billion, we'd like to note that currency will also become devalued in the case of post-apocalyptic warfare, the rise of vampires, or an invasion by unfriendly aliens. That raises the risk to at least five in a billion (We count post-apocalyptic warfare as twice as likely. Seriously, from someone getting a PhD in security studies, our nuclear policy is just silly). But I digress...